Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Rain rain go away....please

So I have had four more days back on board and only cruised for two of them as I find I am more and more a fair weather boater. I don't mind a light shower but these deluges are just too much. I have been soaked twice on my journeys back to fetch the car! However, I have seen the best of people and the worst of them too. The worst was when I was 25 yards from the bus stop as the bus came, I was running and waving but the driver wasn't having it and pulled off. The best was when one of the Braunston villagers saw me in the bus stop and asked if she cold drop me anywhere. Would you offer a dripping wet stranger a lift? Unfortunately she wasn't going my way but I was touched by her kindness. I moored in Braunston for a couple of nights but was disappointed when I arrived at the Gongoozlers Rest just as they were closing. Being a wet day I think lots of people had decided to go and eat there and they had run out of food. I have also had a nice meal in The Folly at Napton.

No comments: