Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 13 June 2016

The GU looks beautiful at the moment

I have had a week away from Olivia while I joined a bunch of friends for a holiday in Italy. We had a really good time, the weather was superb, warm but not too hot. Rain was occasionally threatening but mostly it kept away. I did quite a lot of walking and spent two days in Venice and another on Murano and Burano. Immersed myself in art both modern (Guggenheim) and Renaissance (Accademia). We travelled by overnight train which was quite fun but I am now suffering from too many flea bites. I wonder where I got those from!!

Back on board I also managed to avoid most of the rain that others have been reporting. In fact one day was so hot that I espied a naked gardener ;-). Not a pretty sight I am afraid as he was elderley and his birthday suit was in dire need of ironing. At Stocker's Lock, film crews were busy filming Endeavour. It's not something I have ever watched so I don't know whether I saw anyone famous or not. I am told that the farm there is often used by film/Tv makers. I also want to thank Roger and Ann (on nb Summer Wine) for giving me a lift back to Stockers Lock from Springwell because I had been so busy gossiping about the film making that I neglected to pick up my favourite windlass after use. Luckily it was still there when we got back.

I returned home for my grandson's birthday and a local party (for the Queen's birthday). Good music from all the bands and, once again, the weather held out all afternoon and evening.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207588483722419&set=pcb.10207588484362435&type=3

And so to the title of this post. I moored opposite Harefield marina and everything was green and growing, the wildlife were abundant, especially Pochards and Terns, in addition to all the usuals. The old Horse and Barge, which was closed for several years, has opened as The Bear and Barge but, alas, I didn't get a chance to try it out.

No comments: