Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 20 August 2016

Back on the move

After what seems like an eternity Olivia is back cruising. In effect it was seven weeks to the day since the breakdown which was followed by a catalogue of poor service, miscommunication and downright porkies (or at least unfulfilled promises). I would like to thank the engineers who eventually rescued me by providing a safe mooring with facilities and then taking on a BMC engine that had been left in pieces by the previous guy who could not remove the cylinder head. He was replaced by an organisation who could not provide the promised service so I, in desperation, visited several boatyards and looked their engineers in the eye. I found one who was happy to rescue this "damsel in distress" and was as good as his word even though it took three weeks. Of course,the past seven weeks has been the most excellent cruising weather and this weekend is rain and strong winds! Never mind it feels good to be back on the move.

Today I visited Runnymede where I used to be taken by my parents when I was a young thing. Really enjoyed a bit of reminiscing despite the wind and rain. I had never been to the Air Forces memorial and found it quite moving. The views from the top are worth the climb.

No comments: