Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 6 May 2017

Cruising 2017

I started out from Braunston a few weeks ago but I always make a slow, considered start as I work out what needs fixing or updating before the main event. I also had a couple of distractions as I met up with Heather in her beautifully newly painted boat for a short trip and a pub meal. Her boat now sports fabulous artwork by Andy Russell in the style of Steampunk iconography. I omitted to take pictures but if you see a boat emblazoned with cogs, clocks, compasses and so forth it will be Heather. The next day we picked up Tench and took her from Sutton Stop to Rugby where she was making her way down to London for this: Alarum Theatre's recreation of the Idle Womens' journey from London to Birmingham and back.

Back to odd jobs, I found I had a leaking kitchen tap and was very pleased to fix it myself using O rings, especially after two hardware shops could not figure out what was needed. The tap is from the 1980s which was probably before the shop assistants were born!! I am also about ready to install new deckboards courtesy of my son, Tom, who was able to source some Buffalo Board, cut it to size and fit a lifting ring. I will try to put up before and after photos but be assured that the old boards were well past their use by date. Anyway I am currently heading North through Nuneaton, Atherstone, Tamworth and shortly arriving somewhere around Stoke on Trent. Although I travelled this way in 2013 I have not done Heartbreak Hill since 2008 so that should be fun.

No comments: