Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 21 April 2013

Win some, lose some

This beautiful weekend I have cruised through 3 locks and covered 12 miles arriving at Hillmorton. My brand spanking newly serviced boat no longer seems to emit clouds of noxious black smoke (win some) but she now seems to have a top speed of about 3 miles an hour with the throttle fully open! (lose some) Also starting is not as good as I would expect (lose some). I'll give it another day and then I'll get back to the engineer, perhaps, she just needs a little adjustment. I also have a new smartphone acquired through Phones4u who seemed extremely helpful (win some). However, I got the internet on the new phone but still had calls and texts on my old phone so I contacted Vodafone who also seemed helpful (win some) saying I needed to send them my old and new SIM card numbers and all would be processed. I did this, waited another 24 hours and then got a message on my old phone saying registration had failed - and then curtailing my service! So now I have no phone/txt contact!! (lose some). So now I have also got to find a Phones4u and get them to sort it out!! Why is technology so blasted difficult these days. On a positive note I have a new dongle for the laptop and that does seem to be working STRAIGHT AWAY and, hence, a blog entry tonight. (win some). This morning I had a very nice, piping hot breakfast from the Gongoozler's Rest in Braunston (win some). I'm just having a count up and wins = 5 and loses = 3, so all in all life is good. Let's see what tomorrow brings :-). Here are some pictures from this weekend's cruising:

No comments: