Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Slow boating is nice when the wind drops

Saturday was pretty cold so I had to ferret out the gloves and the woolly hat. Sunday and Monday were nice, sunny days but a chilly wind remained. But Tuesday, Tuesday was a proper warm Spring day. On Monday I had a lazy day as I was sidetracked by a visit to IKEA. I was moored so close that it would be rude not to and I needed some drawers for the boat so I can hide away yet more of my necessities (aka my dross). I'm going to swap it for the table that I never use. I moored not far from Fenny Stratford (where I have previously had a very nice Chinese meal). On Tuesday I had a much more successful cruise, making up for lost time. The car hopping is becoming a drag and I had to walk another 6 miles or so to retrieve it. No cruising for a couple of days as I have lots of non boat work to do.

I've said before that most people on the cut are thoughtful, chilled, helpful and like minded BUT you always get ONE. While moored close to The Plough at Simpson one oik played his music at a level that was not very friendly. I might not have minded so much but his taste in music was not that special. Why do some people think that they should impose their lifestyle on everyone else? Luckily he had moved on when I got back from my walk. However, he had left a horrible black slick on the surface of the water! Can you get waterway ASBO's?

No comments: