Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Another festival (no not Reading)

Since the last blog post I have been looking after my grandson in blocks of two or three days. Nothing seems to get done when he is around but we do try to have a good time together. Poor blighter has had his BMX stolen. It was a good bike so we know we won't see it again. Time to start saving those £2 coins for another one.

I did manage to get back to Olivia and move her slowly from Cropredy to the start of Claydon locks, then through the locks to Fenny Compton, from Fenny to Marston Doles (through the two locks) and finally through Napton locks and onto the moorings there. I cycled from Marston back to Fenny using the bike for only the second time this season (so you know there were repercussions which lasted about a week!!).

Last weekend I was at the Rhythm Festival at Old Warden near Biggleswade. Kate & Paris joined me on the Friday and Lynn on the Sunday. Mike from the Malt Shovel was also there all weekend. It's a small festy with some good names performing. It had three stages + comedy + cinema + funfair and kid friendly activities, etc. I didn't need to camp (as only a half hour drive to & from) but the camp site was roomy and the whole fest was on a very beautiful site. I particularly enjoyed Hazel O'Connor doing Breaking Glass - I missed out on it first time round (as it was the '80s, my missing decade) - she has a great voice; Mud Morganfield (in a rather loud red suit); Missing Andy; Tracie Hunter; Curved Air (that took me back); Oysterband; Blockheads. I was a little disappointed by Jack Bruce; Buzzcocks; Toots and the Maytals (who I'd really been looking forward to but found was very "samey"). On Sunday a small plane took off from the airfield next door and treated us to a really fabulous aerobatic display - looping; going straight up and stopping; tumbling and making a loveheart with a vapour trail. Couldn't decide whether the pilot was talented or mad - so I reckon s/he must be a bit of both. We had lots af rain and on the first two nights it got quite cold. I feel a bit festivaled out at the moment but a couple of nights sleep will win me round. I'll soon be back on board to move the boat a bit nearer to her home ground. I'm not in any hurry as I expect when I get her "home" I won't do too much more cruising this season.

No comments: