Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Cropredy Fringe 2011

When I went back on board all the remaining mooring spaces had filled up and boats were starting to breast up. One of the fine days I walked into Banbury ( about 6 miles) to get some exercise (especially needed due to the painful back that I had for two weeks). Although I thought I was already sorted, I found a dress to wear to Pat's wedding, which was the following weekend.

If anyone doubted that it is possible to live alternatively, I was on board for three days without turning the electricity on! Who needs it :-). But imagine trying to live in a house without electricity for that period of time. Had to leave Olivia for a few days while I went down to London for the wedding, which went very well. Paris looked a treat in a suit and all my children scrubbed up well. Even I looked pretty darn smart. It was very nice indeed to meet up with people that I hadn't seen for ages. I now have two step nieces!! Luke and I went to see Fairport at The Banbury Mill on the Monday before the festival. It's good to see them in such an intimate venue. Then I was back home for a day to look after Paris before returning to Cropredy on the Wednesday evening to see Eugene Hideway Bridges, who is always good value. He makes playing guitar look so relaxing.

Thursday though Saturday found the village and the pubs in full swing. Lynn couldn't make it over but I had company in the form of Maltsters: Andy and Mike. Here are the artists I watched over the festival: Luke May, Mama Rosin, Sam Kelly's Stationhouse, Dave Onions, Kangaroo Moon, Wishing Well, Cherry Lee Mewis, Spank the Monkey, Robin Auld, Ahab, Letherat, Mary Jane Band, Sambassadors of Groove and special mention must be made of Ned, The Kids' Bob Dylan and, in particular, his song "Stop Texting". Ned is ten years old, going on sixteen. Look out for him in a few years time.

Fitted a new LED light bulb to reduce the draw on the batteries. I was sceptical about it but am finding it good light. I can easily read and do close work under it and I'm now tempted to get a couple more.

No comments: