Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Free wifi...love it

I'm sitting in the pub using their free wifi while drinking a nice pint of Stowford Press. Since my last post we did have some horrible weather - wind and rain - so I took myself off (in the car) to Wightwick Manor at the edge of Wolverhampton. A nice house - only built in Victorian times but in Arts & Crafts style. Lots of nice bits and pieces of furniture, William Morris fabrics plus many pre-Raphaelite paintings. Worth the visit - particularly as it's free with the Art Pass. Another day I popped in to Stafford for some food shopping but also went to their art gallery which is in the same building as their old court house which they have kept and added some figures - defendant, barristers, judge, witness, etc. - made out of cardboard. Brilllliant. I treated myself to some "on ear" headphones in shocking pink - I never could get on with the "in ear" version.

By the way, I'm off Strongbow now! My new favourite is Stella Artois Cidre. How very continental. I'm not far from Lichfield at the moment on my way back down South. Met another single handed boater and she collects details of all the single handed women on the cut and keeps us all in touch. A good idea. We never need to be stuck somewhere without some sort of support network.

Hey the sun has come out.......

No comments: