Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 21 May 2013

About turn

It was drizzling this morning but very fine so not too bad. I turned the boat ready to go back on the mainline in a day or two. Cruised through 3 locks and moored close to a bus route so that I could bus into Hanley (Stoke on Trent city centre) and visit the Potteries Museum. It is packed with stuff including the Staffordshire Hoard (much better pieces than in the Birmingham museum), some archaeological artefacts and loads and loads of pottery from ancient history through to all the modern pieces from the local potteries - Minton, Wedgwood, Moorcroft, etc. I could have spent much longer there than I had time for. There was some sort of bike race in the city centre this evening and all the roads were cordoned off. I watched a bit of it while I had a coffee but I hadn't a clue what was going on so it didn't hold much interest for me. That's it for today.

Which way?

Old waterworks on the Caldon. Would it make desirable apartments?

No comments: