Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 17 June 2013

Stop Go Stop Go

I feel a bit of a fool because the paddles had an anti vandal device that I hadn't met before. All the previous locks had not had them locked so I wasn't a complete nitwit, just lulled into a false sense of security. I'm quite pleased that I solved the problem myself without C&RT. This morning found me stuck on a Tesco trolley! After half an hour struggling Compo, Clegg & Foggy offered help. They tried several strategies but the best one was the employment of a strapping lad of about eighteen who was able to push Olivia off the obstruction using my barge pole.

I've had a tough day, getting stuck on many shallows. Beginning to think that Olivia is too deep draughted for this canal. Anyway I shall soon be home for a rest.

A dreaded trolley (although more obvious than the one I got stuck on):

I have been reading the blog of nbRocknRoll who have recently "done" the Huddersfield narrow and my escapades have been nothing compared to some of theirs: http://nbrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/could-it-get-any-worse-yes-it-could.html

No comments: