Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 14 June 2015

Onto the Birmingham and Fazeley

I returned to Olivia after a short break and made the return journey down the Ashby. I called in at Bosworth Visitor Centre last Saturday as they were staging a version of Richard III. I was expecting crowds to be there but the audience only numbered about thirty. It was that very cold and windy day so I felt for the actors. The rest of my cruise, that is, between Marston Junction and Fazeley Junction, I have done many times. The weather was mostly good (although the mornings were a bit chilly). I lost my favourite windlass in one of the Atherstone locks but as it was the first one I have lost in ten years of cruising I don't suppose that is too bad. Now that I am well on the way to Birmingham I wondered why so few boats seem to use the Fazeley. Certainly there are very few boats moored up even though the Kingsbury Water Park offers many recreational facilities. I know the M42 accompanies much of the canal but that sound soon filters out. Hopefully this week I will be out and about around Birmingham so should have more to report then.

2 comments:

Bo said...

Hi Sheila,

What a coincidence. Today 16June we are moored at Cockoo Wharf just in front of Olivia.
We have hired a narrowboat " Acumen II" this year for three weeks, and plan to go on to Stourport, Droitwich, Tardebigge, Stratford, Braunston and back to Loughborough on the river Soar, where we started out.
We are leaving Cuckoo tomorrow morning for Old Junction.
Please do no hesitate to contact us at bo "at" elstar.dk

Best whishes from the Danes on Gloria at the Huddersfield narrow in 2013'.

Gina & Bo

Sheila said...

It was great to see you. I hope we meet again soon. Enjoy your trip x