Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 15 May 2011

I started out after work on Wednesday and did the first few miles, filling up with water at Weedon and sorting out all needs for the trip. I walked back for the car and parked close to the boat’s mooring.  On Thursday I cruised to Blisworth ready to go through the tunnel next day. Rick brought his boat down and offered to help me lock through Stoke Bruerne. Pete, was also at Blisworth as was Al and it was good to catch up with them. We had a cup of tea and then I got up to go as I needed to walk back 7 miles for the car. However, my luck was in, Al offered to drive me back to the car, so that gave me a great saving of time and energy but was not so good for my exercise (especially my training to climb Snowdon later this month!). This morning I was up and ready quite early. Had a good trip through the tunnel, meeting only 2 boats within. I got into the first lock and there were Rick & Pete (they had come over in my car) and we very quickly got through the locks. I drove them back to their boats and moved car to its next spot which was less than 2 miles from the boat - so just a short walk and then cruised back to where I’d left the car. Did a pile of marking and looked at tomorrow’s pile - it doesn’t look too bad! Lovely sunny evening with a field of sheep opposite - the lambs are getting big already. Onto Milton Keynes tomorrow. I haven’t got the dongle with me as I was hoping to use BTFON but there are not as many hotspots as BT would like you to think so I’ll upload this when I can!!

No comments: