Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 16 May 2011

I test out my walking boots!

A short but heavy shower yesterday which included hailstones. I had cruised on down to MK and got the bus back for the car. I had to shelter under a tree while the hail stoned me. Had a quiet evening reading and an early night. I'm obviously unused to all this fresh air. Today I pressed on through a couple more locks and am a few miles South of MK. I had to walk back for the car because it's Sunday and there are many fewer bus routes in operation on a Sunday. I tried out my fairly new walking boots but don't seem to have the sock system quite right so got a bit of a blister. I think I just need to break them in as they fit well and are generally comfortable. Not sure whether I should wear them on the big hill, though. Might just go back to my old reliable if slightly worn & leaky pair. Alas, I have to do a couple of days work before I can continue cruising so if it's going to rain, can it be now please. Just seen the weather forecast, no rain mentioned until about Thursday. So far this trip, nothing unusual or weird has happened to me. Ahem. I'll try to put something more exciting on here next time :-).
.

No comments: