Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 9 May 2011

Last minute jobs....

I was on board from Friday to Sunday trying to tidy up all the paint brushes, pads, jars of suspect liquids in garish colours, huge volumes of used sandpaper and so on. I treated and stained the poles which look rather smart now - and the rain over the weekend showed that they are now much better waterproofed than before. Rick put all the fittings back on including the step up things on the cabin sides, the bow and stern fenders and other random (but essential) fittings. I'd brought the new seats over - one was just the back seat, cleaned up and varnished (rather than peeling paint) and the other was a new seat cut out by Tom and treated by me. It was such a tight fit that Rick had to cut half an inch off. Rick then tried to fix my horn that hasn't worked for a couple of years but we had no luck. However, I do carry an air horn (very loud, so use sparingly!) so that's not an urgent fix. He also tightened the V belt and generally tested things for me. There are still some paint jobs to complete but they can be done during the cruising. Also side hatch doors and engine vents need tidying up but can wait for now. Here are the latest set of photos:



No comments: