Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Almost reached my destination...

Since my last post I have been to see Laudon Wainwright at The Stables in Milton Keynes. He was very funny and we had an enjoyable evening. In the past I didn't think I liked his songs but Luke recently lent me one of his CDs and I thought it was good. Also on the bill was his daughter, Lucy, who has a very nice voice and has written some great numbers.

The next day I pressed on and cruised Wednesday 18th to Wednesday 25th all of which were decent weather and often very nice warm calm days. On the Saturday I met up with Michelle and her grandchildren on her boat which is currently at Berkhampsted. We had a lovely day. The children went out in an inflatable boat and it was a nice, warm day for it. Lucky really as they got drenched.  Most days I was only travelling 3 to 4 hours - enough for me. I've reached Uxbridge so only another day and a half to reach Kensal Green or Paddington. Last Thursday when we had the first rain of any amount, I only cruised a mile. After all I'm doing this for pleasure not endurance.

Talking of endurance, this weekend (yes, this wet and windy Bank Holiday weekend) I went camping at the foot of Snowdon! Luke and I made a plan to meet Tom, Gemma et al who were doing the 3 peaks challenge. Luke and I started out at 11am, ascended via the easier but longer Llanberis Path and reached the summit around 2pm - Luke, with his long legs went ahead and got there half an hour before me. We decided to descend via the Miner's track as we thought we might meet Tom - and we did - he was virtually jogging up the mountain looking fresh as a daisy!!! Soon after we met two more of his group not far behind him and also looking pretty good. It took another two hours to get back to the road so all done in about 5 and a half hours. I was so pleased to achieve it, having had no fell walking practice for years and I'd last walked up at age 13 when it took six hours!! I'm all geared up to do more now.

Hopefully I'll keep this a bit more up to date during June.

No comments: