Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday 9 June 2011

Having a great time in London

I have walked my feet off over the past few days. Visited Goldfinger's 2 Willow Road today - it looks more modern than its 1939 build date. The tour guide was dressed from the 17th Century which I didn't quite "get" - maybe he usually guides at some other, more suitable property or maybe he always dresses like that (I think this could be true!). Yesterday I went to see Luke's band perfom at a fab little venue near Limehouse, called Jamboree. They certainly entertained the audience and I'd like to say, thanks very much Jimmy and the Lips. Tom, Amy and my niece and her fiance turned up and a good time had by all. Thanks for dropping me at the station, Annie, Cable Street is a very long street at the best of times but seems even longer when you have a tube to catch. Have been trying to get to see Lord of the Flies but it keeps raining at 2 in the afternoon and most evening tickets are sold; I see Two Guvnors is also sold out, as is Alan Bennett talking about the importance of libraries and HOW THEY MUSTN'T be CLOSED. Hear hear - I'd be lost on my travels without the library internet access. Must go - the library is timing me out :-(

No comments: