Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 13 June 2011

Walking the Thames Path in the rain :-(

Several years ago I started to do the Thames Path walk with a friend. We got from the source to Lechlade but then she was unable to do long walks and it came to a halt. Many times since I have considered getting on with it and several times I have got as far as planning but have yet to complete more sections. It was an unwritten rule that it had to be walked in sequence but this year I decided it was ok if I did the sections out of sequence, as the opportunity arose, so on Friday I went to Hammersmith and walked (mostly in the rain) as far as Millbank, where I popped into the Tate and walked a couple more miles (but not in the rain). I got to thinking that I'll have to do these London sections twice anyway - as you can do North (I thought that was called Middlesex?) and South (erm, Surrey?). I reckon I've walked over 30 miles this week. Little wonder that I have got a blister on my toe!

No comments: