Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 22 June 2011

On top of the world this week

I had to work for a few days so sadly had to leave London behind. When I returned to Little Venice it was really busy with boats breasted up to virtually all of us. I was lucky enough to be signed into The Gherkin building and Rose and I spent a happy couple of hours looking down on the rooftops of London from 180metres (well almost - we weren't standing on the roof!). The highlight for R was when she called her son out to stand on the roof of his flat in Aldgate so that we could see him. He was about a millimetre high!! The aspect of London is so different from upon high, lots of roof gardens, etc. It looked just like a model village. I also saw Tower Bridge open - a first for me which is probably quite surprising, I suppose, for a Londoner. The weather was very unsettled and on Saturday Piccadilly looked like a river when it was rained on heavily for about ten minutes. I popped to Trafalgar Square to see some of West End Live, where (almost) all the London shows showcase 5 or 10 minutes of their production. On Sunday Pat cruised with me from L Venice up to Uxbridge. It was the first time she had left London by such a peaceful route - although her train normally takes only 20 minutes and we took about 8 hours. Back at work for another week and then start the journey back North.

No comments: