Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 6 June 2011

A week (or so) in London, a wonderful wedding and a chance meeting

I had an overnight stop at Greenford before arriving into Paddington Basin the day before Rosie's wedding! The weather was glorious and I'd forgotten just how central this point is. I was about half an hour's walk from the wedding venue which was so good for me - no need to worry about buses or tubes just a brisk walk home on a warm evening. On Sunday I went for a wander around St John's Wood, Camden Market and then through Regent's Park. The market was vibrant as ever and had some very nice gear which Kate would love. As I strolled through the park I was drawn towards some music and a festival which I was not aware of - the London green festival. After watching some very talented kids perform at the dance and song stage, I was again drawn to some music which was being driven by a bicycle powered PA. This is where a weird coincidence occurred: sitting watching was Simon from Tortoise who, although, I do read his blog occasionally, I had not seen for five years - in fact we met when I was in my first season of boating and returning from my first trip to London. I had to ask "Are you Simon?" although I was 99% positive that it was. We had a catch up about boats/blogs and other points of interest. I cannot explain how small the world is when I just happened to arrive at the same place at the same time with no forward planning on my part! Tomorrow Lynn arrives and we will find something of interest to fill our day. I'm in the library doing this post so I will return here later in the week to add some, hopefully, more interesting escapades.

No comments: