Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 30 April 2013

...and so ends Phase 1 of the 2013 tour

To update the past few days - well, the weather has been okay. There have been a few short showers and most of the time a cool breeze but when the wind drops it has felt warm and I'm sure I have a bit of a tan on my face. I have cruised about three hours each day, apart from when I reached Fradley Junction which was rammed with boats so I went through a further three locks and cruised for another hour. At Hopwas I went into the Tame Otter which was absolutely crammed with people so I popped over the bridge to the Red Lion and found a much more relaxing atmosphere. There, I was provided with a nice home cooked meal with friendly staff and clientele.

I noticed that my fan belt is very slack but at least it is still charging the batteries, so I will get someone to tighten it for me when I get back from my sojourn at home. I wish I could do it myself but it is awkwardly positioned and I haven't the strength to tighten it up. Today I stopped at Rugeley and found that there is a Morrisons very conveniently located to the canal. In fact, the town centre is only five minutes walk so a useful place for topping up supplies of all types.

I have a few family and friends events over the next week - three theatre visits, one cinema trip, one very special (first) birthday of my beautiful little granddaughter, a car MOT and, if time permits, some garden jobs.

No comments: