Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 27 April 2013

Freezing hailstones

I have my revs back! The engineer had a quick look and found that the stop lever was not reseating itself appropriately and that was affecting the revs. It's great to have the whole range of speeds back again. Now I know what it is I shall be able to wiggle it should the problem recur. I cruised up to Atherstone and through 9 of the locks. They are a good flight of locks, I wish all the flights were as easy to handle.It's good cruising at this time of the year as there are not many boats around and, therefore, no one hassling you to hurry through the locks. It means that you notice more - hear the birds singing, watch the water levels changing, etc. Got caught in hailstorm number one but it didn't last long and the sun soon came out again. I had a late start today as I was listening to the radio and cleaning the fridge! Went through the last 2 Atherstone locks and then up to Polesworth. Got caught in a stinging hailstorm and it was freezing. I must put some gloves within reach for tomorrow. I went for a walk around Polesworth which looked very different from when I was here last year. At that time they had floods. I walked up to Pooley Country Park as I'd not done that before.

Several boards of poems have appeared telling a bit about the history of Polesworth, which includes coal mining, brick making, pottery and boat building.

No comments: