Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 5 April 2014

Just a short trip

I went down the rest of the locks at Stoke Bruerne and moored not much further along the pound. The bottom two locks were difficult to open as there was a good flow resulting from activity in the locks above me so that water was flowing down over the gates. I got some help from a very nice CRT volunteer who arrived just in time. Yesterday was lovely and mild but today was chilly so I didn't move on. Instead I had a productive day fitting the new stern fender and then painting the bow so that I can get on with fitting the bow fender. I think I've found the best way to do it and the fenders weren't as heavy as I had expected. I'm moored opposite a field of lambs who are happily playing together and gambolling around. Ahh!

The stern fender:

No comments: