Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday 1 July 2011

Heading North again

So my sojourn to London is over again already. I travelled back by train and as I was to meet Pat and Ron at the RA Summer Exhibition I had to put my shopping trolley (!) in Left Luggage - what a rip off - £8.50! More than it cost me for the Exhibition. Never mind, it was worth it. Only about 3 pieces that I liked - a linocut of a retro record player, Tescopolis (well done, you) and Anthony Green's trestle table. Unfortunately that one cost £20,000+ so have to commit it to memory rather than wall space. They (Pat and Ron - not the artworks) accompanied me back to Uxbridge and we had a meal in the nice Chinese there - I had Three Treasures of the Earth (and rice).

Rose came to join me for a couple of days. The first day RAINED so we only did the short trip to Harefield. Rose knew of a nice pub there, The Old Orchard, where we had a lovely meal. I'm not telling you what I had as it was very sinful for an only just ex-vegetarian. Next day the weather was brilliant so up and off before 9am and we stopped at Rickmansworth Aquadrome for lunch, there is a nice cafe there selling organic and fairtrade products. In the afternoon we moved to Cassio Park as Rose could get a tube home from Watford.

Yesterday I stopped just South of Hemel, I call it "Black Cat Place" as a couple of years ago a litle black cat got on board and hid in my cupboard, later frightening the life out of me! It belonged to the boater moored a little way up. [Note to British Waterways, could you put Lock 69a on your repair list; I had to summon the help of a student, a schoolgirl, an 8 year old and her grandmother who had a plastered wrist to help me get the top gate open :-)].  I went into Kings Langley where I sussed out the library and had lunch at a nice cafe called Dallings (or similar). Moussaka and salad to die for but only mediocre cup of tea. I'm back in the library today, sending last minute coursework results through to the office and, of course, blogging. I've got a sticky keyboard so apologies for any typos that I haven't spotted. Also I'm on a timer so think Countdown.

It's another nice looking day so hopefully I'll progress well today.

No comments: