Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 15 July 2013

I took a week's break

I've been back down South to catch up with my overgrown lawn/hedge; to babysit my little grand daughter (while the parents went to the Stones' concert); to catch up with friends at the Lowry exhibition and the RA summer show; and to spend some time with my grandson, too. On the way home I stopped to visit the National Coalmining Museum which is very worthwhile. We were underground for about one and a half hours and there is plenty to do on the surface, too. Travelling down in the cage and seeing all the machinery brings home exactly what the miners had to do. Our guide was a fountain of knowledge and had a good sense of humour as well. I then managed to squeeze in a visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. It was a beautiful day for it and I would have liked to spend longer there. I'll visit again if I'm ever that way on a nice warm day with time to spare. The car park is a bit pricey - £5 for two hours; £7.50 all day. Here are some of the exhibits:

No comments: