Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 6 July 2013

Seems like a holiday resort today

A little bit of good weather makes a world of difference. Today I am at Stanley Ferry on the Aire and Calder navigation. It is wide and straight and packed with boats of all shapes and sizes. As we are more river than canal up here, there are more cruisers. As it is big there are more barges and widebeams, too.

Here is where I will be heading tomorrow:

I stopped last night on Wakefield waterfront so I was able to visit the Hepworth Gallery. It's in a lovely setting and only needs the townspeople to catch on to it - there is a need for a few more catering outlets and perhaps some more arty type activities in the vicinity. An extension is due to open shortly in one of the old heritage buildings. I didn't take a photo of the Hepworth but I did take this reflection of the waterfront.

This is Olivia when she was moored right outside the Business School at the University of Huddersfield:

This friendly little fella is hanging about near the Hepworth Gallery.

No comments: