Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Slow progress, fun and games

Had a good day yesterday, stopping at Saltaire for a mooch around the Mill shops and gallery and then finding a nice mooring at Dowley gap. I had paired up with a very nice family for the locks and I began to feel that I might like the L&L after all. But today's another day and a very different one. Actually going through the two sets of staircase locks was okay but we had over an hour's wait between them. It was the swing bridges that are causing bother! They have been quite busy roads with barriers, etc. They are always difficult for a single hander but these are impossible. I asked my lock buddies whether I could nip through with them and they said Of course. They needed to take on water so we had another half hour break and then through the first bridge.Guess what? It got stuck open! I had already moved on but heard the news from a towpath walker. In the meantime I had got stuck on rocks and took half an hour to extricate Olivia. Now I'm moored by the bridge hoping that a boat might come my way but time is getting on so this might become tonight's mooring. This life always has something to offer. No two days are ever alike.

No comments: