Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 28 July 2013

Riddlesden to Skipton

It started raining at 10pm last night and persisted for a good eight hours. I have to admit that it is much needed and what better time to rain than overnight. Caroline had joined me again so that we could progress through many of the remaining swing bridges. In fact we covered nine miles and fifteen bridges! We stopped at Kildwick for a quick lunch and walked up to the Jubilee Tower known locally as the bottle because it looks rather like a bottle.

I made it to Snaygill Boats about two minutes before closing time to get diesel. Looking ahead there do not seem to be many boatyards so this was a relief. After mooring up, we had a mooch around the town of Skipton and found a very nice Italian restaurant. My risotto was more than acceptable and the house red was "moreish" :-). I walked with Caroline to the station and then home to bed.

No comments: