Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Aren't boaters brilliant

I have had two boats breasted up so I got help from my good friend Rose and middle boat occupant Grace to extricate Olivia. We then had to reverse through the bridge hole and around the cafe boat so that I could turn up thr Regent's canal. This is new cruising territory for me and is of interest throughout. On reaching Camden Locks I discovered that the poor old boat was overheating. We had got through two locks but needed to tie up and let her cool down. We took the opportunity of a short walk to suss out mooring spots. On our return a boat was preparing the third lock so I asked if I could share with them but needed to walk boat through. This is when I reaffirmed that boaters are brilliant because Nick and Carol offered to tow Olivia to Kings Cross where I was able to find a mooring for the night. I've just got to sort out the source of my overheating now.

No comments: