Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday 23 May 2014

Lee navigation

So I have made it to the Lee but can't say I like it much. Everyone tells me that the Stort is beautiful so I will have to persevere. Yesterday I moored at Victoria Park. I was lucky to find a good spot and I got help from the lovely Max from the boat in front of me. I walked through the whole park and also had a wander around the Olympic Park. While I was there we had a short lived storm so I sheltered in the cafe by the Big Red Thing. Later I went to Broadway Market to get Luke some coffee beans. Today I found CRT working on the first lock with some rapid drying cement. They said I could go through in an hour so I had another little walk around the park and was ready to go at 10. I find the locks on this stretch a pain as the bottom gates keep opening. Also it was quite windy today so Olivia wasn't as well behaved as usual. However the folks around here are always willing to help so that's a very good result. As I am moored right opposite Luke's marina I know there are two cafes nearby and I am off shortly to get some lunch.

No comments: