Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday 31 May 2014

Lee and Stort

I have been spending the last few days pottering around on the Lee and walking to some of the places that I haven't managed to cruise to. On Thursday I went to the gunpowder mills at Waltham Abbey. It has lots to interest children including a room full of various types of gun. Anyway I now know how gunpowder was made and I was especially interested in the social history. Yesterday I had a look around Roydon on the Stort. Lots of river cruisers up this way, alongside canoeists and little dinghies. Once I went beyond the M25 the river took on the ambience of holiday resorts. Lots of people sitting by their boats having picnics and drinking wine. Today I visited Ware for the first time. It is a sweet little place with many historical buildings. I might go back to spend some more time tomorrow. The train along here is very convenient as it accompanies the river meaning that a longer walk can be taken with return trip by train.

No comments: