Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 27 June 2010

24th June

I arrived back at The Hope and Anchor, loaded up and started out on my cruise. A beautiful warm afternoon and a new part of the waterways for me, more clarity than the canals that I'm used to. I cruised up to Barrow upon Soar as I had decided that this might be a good place to leave the car. Just four locks all of which were reasonable, although at Mountsorrel a couple coming up the lock thought I'd "stolen" their turn but as I always do, I'd gone over to have a look ahead and saw no-one waiting. I had shut the gates and filled the lock before they appeared so even if I had missed them, they hadn't exactly been on the ball. Once I'd moored and had a much needed cup of tea, I walked back to the car, a distance of about five miles. As time was getting on, I ate at the H 'n' A which was teeming and a great place for people watching (but with an uninventive menu). Found a nice road in Barrow to park up for the weekend and went back to Olivia for a fairly early night.

No comments: