Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 28 June 2010

25th June

I had a wander into Barrow just for a look round really. It's quite a nice little place - with a train station AND a decent bus service. When I prepare Olivia for "off" each morning by checking the oil, water, etc., I have to lift up the rubber mat and deck boards so I can get into the engine room. As I was doing that this morning, the mat rolled down knocking me into the engine room! I went in at quite a speed and scraped most of the skin off of my lower legs! Just hope I didn't break anything important in the engine. Ouch was my first thought and T**t was my next one. Anyway, half a tube of Germolene later, I started out. My first stop was Loughborough where I went to look for a few provisions and to have a little look round. Seems a nice town. (Later I spoke to a couple who stayed in the basin and highly recommended the restaurant actually at the basin). I cruised on through the wonderful stretch of Normanton to Zouch where I moored for the night. A great place for a summer's evening.

No comments: