Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 20 June 2010

June 20th

Up and ready to go at 9am. Met my neighbours for the first time just as I was preparing to leave. They'd been out all day yesterday. Started off quite cold so lots of layers. I got stuck under North Bridge due to a supermarket trolley, a bike and a lump of stone. Yobs! Why? Luckily a couple who were out cycling stopped to help me and with a bit of tugging we got the good ole girl free (and Olivia :-)). At the next lock I met a couple of Poles who were very happy to work the lock and to practice their English speaking. One of them told me he had been no good at school and was "allergic" to English language. He was doing well though; certainly better than I could ever do in Polish! At another lock I was helped by a man who runs boat trips for underprivileged kids. Everyone I have met have been lovely and friendly. I moored up close to the car and loaded up all the heavy stuff that I had finished with and then I cruised the last two miles to my stopping place. Tidied up and walked back to the car. It had certainly warmed up by the afternoon. Lots of people out walking, cycling, BBQing, fishing, etc. Home by 6pm to get ready for work tomorrow.

No comments: