Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 20 June 2010

June 19th

A non cruising day. I went to the New Walk museum/art gallery and stayed a couple of hours. There was a really cold wind today so the museum was as good as anywhere. On the walk back I stumbled upon the De Montfort students' art exhibition so spent another couple of hours there before going back to Olivia for some lunch. I decided I had better fetch the car from Foxton (as Sunday bus services are notoriously poor) so X3 to Market Harborough and 44 to Foxton. Then, of course, I had to find a safe place to park for Saturday night. I decided that halfway between Leicester and my next stop might be useful and, after driving around for a while, settled on Birstall. I had to walk back to Olivia from there and the towpath takes you through some run down industrial parts of the city where the breweries, hosiery and dye factories used to be. Lots of scope for redevelopment though. I just hope they don't knock down the characterful buildings and replace them with bland square boxes.

No comments: