Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 20 June 2010

June 18th

Again I was awake early and as luck would have it, my ankle felt much better. It remains a little sore but if I could just keep my foot straight it should be alright. Another twelve locks from Kilby to the centre of Leicester - and some of these were hard work. I shared a few with a hire boat but did quite a few by myself. Stopped after eight locks at the Kings Lock cafe for a break. It started to rain in the afternoon and when I got to Castle Gardens pontoon it was full, so I breasted up to one of the boats. No one was around so I couldn't ask I just had to do it. Over the next couple of hours three more boats came along and also breasted up. All very cosy. It felt cold today and nothing like a midsummer weekend. I didn't go out as I thought I ought to be around when the boat owners came back.

No comments: