Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 28 June 2010

26th June

Another beautiful warm day and I had started out by 8am!!! This was the stretch that I have been most wary of, so I have been pleased that we have had no rain for what seems like weeks. Just a few sparse locks and beautiful scenery. Even the power station at Ratcliffe has its place in the landscape. Coming out to the Trent and seeing a narrowboat coming out of the Erewash and appearing to be tiny was awe inspiring. There were loads of kids out in canoes some seemed very young (maybe 10 years old) and I thought how exciting for them - much better than playing computer games. There was no lock keeper at Sawley so that was fun working out which lock I could use and what I needed to do. Through that lock, I moored for the day even though it was only about 11am. After lunch I walked to Shardlow and back to suss out a nice place to leave Olivia for a day or two. I must have walked about 8 miles as the bridge over the Trent is down by Derwent Mouth so I had to do a work around. Went for a meal at a pub in Sawley - tuna mayo wraps and a heap of salad to make up for all the junk I've been eating so far this weekend.

No comments: