Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 4 August 2013

Finished with swing bridges for the time being :-)

I spent Sunday looking around Skipton. Had a walk towards Skipton Woods and found this:

The museum was closed but I went to the castle and had a very nice couple of hours. The castle has devised a self-guided tour with lots of interesting information about the life and times. In addition a twelve century enactment group were around so I watched some archery, swordsmanship and the cooks preparing food in the kitchen. The "queen" was also present and haranging the crowd to pay their taxes.

Caroline came to join me again last Monday to help me with the last few swing bridges. Here are the sorts of views we are surrounded by:

Spent the next two days walking parts of the Pennine Way - headed South on the first day and North the next. Got soaked during the second half of the second walk and got soaked again later when I walked to the pub with Phil and Michelle off nb Dream Angus. The next day I took the bus to Settle for a mooch around. Would have loved to have a trip on the Settle-Carlisle railway but just didn't have the time. I'll add that trip to my "to do" list. No blogs from me for the next week as I do a stint of childcare with the boy. No doubt he will be keeping me busy entertaining him (or vice versa).

No comments: