Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday 22 August 2013

Blackburn

We moored at Rishton last night and had a wander round the town. It has several shops, cafes and takeaways. The smell of curry infiltrating the boat was almost irresistible. This morning Phil had an enormous full English at the little Canal View cafe. It cost him all of £2.50! Michelle and I joined him for tea and toast at virtually no cost. A lovely man runs it and I hope he is able to make a living. Had a fabulous cruise down to Blackburn where we moored at Eanam Wharf. I popped into town and had a look around the cathedral which is light and modern. Then I found the museum/art gallery. It had some interesting areas including the ubiquitous mill machinery, illuminated manuscripts, an Egyptology section with a mummy and some paintings which I thought were nothing special. Perhaps they would be of interest to the locals. I am moored close to a Caribbean pub/restaurant which plays reggae all day and in particular, Bob Marley. Luckily I like reggae. There is some anomaly about whether these are "official" moorings. The guide books and the pub say that they are but a community boat came along and told Dream Angus that they were moored on their private mooring and made them move. I am moored within a secure area that is accessed by the anti vandal key, so when the guy came to lock them up I asked him and he said we are welcome to moor there, so someone is confused and Dream Angus are not happy. I'm still of the opinion that visitors are not embraced by the powers that be on the Leeds and Liverpool canal.

No comments: