Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Mooching around Manchester

I can hop on a bus 100 metres from my mooring and less than forty minutes later I am in the centre of Manchester. Here's Olivia on her mooring:

I went to the art gallery and was still there at 2pm. There is a lot of good art there alongside some wacky ideas for "art". I walked down to look at the Castlefield moorings but they were quite busy so I have decided that I don't need to move on to them. I walked along the canal to Salford Quays. It's good to see them being used by water skiers and swimmers. I didn't have much time to have a good look at the Lowry gallery but I did think that some of his sketches were excellent and his early work is much different to that for which he is famous. As usual I am always exasperated when everything closes at five or five thirty leaving two or three empty hours before the need to eat. I watched the swimmers for a while before getting the return bus.

In Worsley Woods

Salford Quays

The Lowry Centre

No comments: