Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 25 August 2013

Wigan 21 tomorrow

I'm gearing myself up to go down the Wigan flight tomorrow. Anyone want to help? Looks like I'll be up early in any case. There are two boats heading this way that I have shared with before so I'm hoping to catch one of them. Yesterday I only did a short cruise and then walked down to Chorley. Visited Botany Bay which is an old mill rejigged to house retail units. It's worth a browse and the coffee was good. Chorley itself has a big market and again worth a browse. Apparently they have interesting markets on other days of the week. I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more coats BUT one of the charity shops had a Jasper Conran jacket so I had to have it. I also got some fluorescent tent pegs! I'm sure that they will be useful. I had a go at splicing my snapped rope. It's not the prettiest but should do as a spare rope. Today I went down the Johnson Hillock locks with a young couple from Leeds who are having a year travelling the canals. Then I just plodded on until I arrived here. There's a nice country park here.

No comments: