Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 21 July 2010

21st July

Yesterday I came back on board after a fabulous weekend at Upton Blues Festival. It was such a nice evening that I decided to go up through the locks. Most of the mooring spaces were taken but I found a convenient Olivia sized space behind a big old former work boat. We had a drop of rain overnight but it quickly dried up and it was a lovely sunny morning. I cruised down close to Braunston but needed to walk back for the car which I hope I can leave for 3 or 4 nights now. By the time I’d got back to Olivia it was already 5pm so I decided to chill out with some reading rather than cruise on and then struggle to find a mooring. I promise to do a bit more tomorrow. Where I’m moored tonight there are lots of big bees but they are not striped but are black with just a tan bottom. Are these foreign bees? I notice another marina being excavated at Barby. At this rate there will be no quiet areas left any more following the adage “If we build it, they will come”.

No comments: