Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday 23 July 2010

The long and winding.....canal

A non-descript start to the day weatherwise - grey cloud - as the BBC are wont to say. But it was warm and there has been no wind at all. The canal was as still as a millpond. The first boat that passed by did not return my “good morning” and just seemed to ignore my presence. I know the boat from my local area and it got me thinking about people and why they end up like they do. A good morning costs nothing and I think it makes us all feel better. Perhaps they had just hada row and didn’t feel goodmorning-ish. This part of the canal is very winding and you cruise about four times the distance that the crow flies but it is soooo pretty. I did three hours this morning and then dropped down five locks this afternoon so I am now only two miles from Cropredy but am much too early for the festival so think I’ll go to Banbury and then turn round and attempt to get a prime mooring position closer to the time.

No comments: