Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 7 July 2010

July 7th 2010

Well today I am in Lichfield and I am in the library using their internet. Fab. Why do we bother owning stuff when we can use this facility. So I have updated blog back to 3rd July. I think I know what my mobile broadband problem is, but as I can't access it I shall have to wait until I get back home to attempt it. I'm getting a network connection but no internet so I think I have failed to register properly when I changed over to BT. Shame on you - IT lecturer :-). (Well I always said I wasn't a techie).

Travelling into Lichfield was interesting - eavesdropping on conversations. First old boy to second old boy as a third passes by and greets them: "Is that the oldest one?" Second: "Nah, that's the tall one." First: "He's gone grey, in't 'e?" Then, First: "Does he still work at the box factory?" Second: "Nah, hasn't worked for years." First: "He was working last year at box factory. They moved to Tam'orth." Second: "Nah he in't worked in years." First: " Is that the oldest one?" Second: "Nah, that's the TALL one". I loved it. I might move here :-).

I'm going to get some culture in a mo and visit the Heritage Centre and possibly some other place connected to Samuel Johnson. Also I could really do with a haircut so might have to try and fit one of those in too. Anyway, it is great to be back on line!

No comments: