Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 7 July 2010

July 3rd 2010

A beautiful morning, if a little breezy. Went through four progressively deeper locks culminating with the 12’ 4” Stenson Lock which the local boaters described as a little “firy”. A nice man helped me through the first lock and then asked if he could join me! I stopped for a drink at the 3rd lock but didn’t stay long as I took the opportunity to share with a boat when it arrived. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I moored after Stenson Lock as there was a café. I was really naughty and had cheese and chips. I wanted a nice healthy jacket potato but they’d sold out. I had a walk down to Willington but it was nothing special. It has a useful little co-op though. Mercia marine had an open day so I called in at that. They had bands, bbq, stalls - both canal related and village fete types - and rides and stalls. I went back to Olivia and just spent the evening reading and listening to the radio. At about 10.30, the marina had a firework display which went on for a good half hour. Very good.

No comments: