Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Anderton Boat Lift

Yesterday I just cruised for two hours and found a mooring very close to the boat lift. I needed to go through two tunnels which are one way traffic. I was pleased to see that the Saltersford car tunnel had timed entry as it is crooked and you can't see the other end. When I reached the southern portal two Northbound boats asked if I was the last boat and started through. I think they must have missed the notice showing times of entry as they went in ten minutes early. I wonder if they met a boat coming through? Perhaps more notices are needed.

I took a trip on the River Weaver and the boat then brought us up in the lift. I was surprised that you can't feel it moving. It's an interesting piece of engineering which was brought back into service in 2002 thanks to some tenacious sponsors and boat enthusiasts.

Maybe next time I come this way I'll take Olivia down to the Weaver. Later I went for a walk as I'll soon be back in the industrial area of Middlewich.

No comments: