Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Busy with boats on the Coventry canal

It was raining when I awoke this morning but it soon passed. I started off from Fradley but made slow progress due to the number of moored boats and also the amount of boats travelling north, almost all of which I met at a bridge or in a narrow place. Having spent the year on a number of barely used canals it seems strange to now find myself in the opposite situation. What really strikes me is that I have travelled this section of canal in 2008, 2010, 2012 and again now and it is much busier this year. It makes me wonder what it might be like in a couple more years.

I walked into Tamworth for a look around. It has a very nice park bordered by the rivers Tame and Anker as well as the castle gardens.

No comments: