Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday 2 September 2013

The magic tunnel?

It was a cold, grey, mizzling day when I entered Preston Brook tunnel and twenty minutes later I emerged to a warm, bright and sunny one. I was also on a different canal as the Bridgewater becomes the Trent and Mersey within the tunnel. I only cruised for a couple of hours as I was told of a good mooring where the canal was breached last year. It has an open aspect and felt like a suntrap. I went for a walk alongside the River Weaver with John, another single hander who moored behind me. He and Chris, off the boat moored in front of me, were trying to encourage me to go down the Anderton lift onto the river but that will have to wait for another time. I will visit the lift but will not take the boat down it.

No comments: