Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday 5 September 2013

Middlewich

Back to narrow locks although not many. Did 4 yesterday and two more today. I'd forgotten how fickle the narrows are so that you have to nose up to the top gates and stay in gear. It works though (mostly) and if it doesn't then both boat and gates take a bashing. I bought a new bow fender this morning and it's long overdue. Now I need to buy new "stretchers" for it as the present ones are pretty rusty. One thing always leads to another. I popped into the new Aqueduct marina to see what they were charging for abovementioned stretchers and that led to a coffee in their cafe. Then I was able to take advantage of their free wifi! I'm hoping to get to Nantwich tomorrow so that when the weather deteriorates I can get a bus into Chester for a good old mooch.

No comments: