Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday 1 September 2013

Dunham Massey

Yesterday I went to Dunham Massey Hall. I can get in using my Art Pass which always makes me think that I'm getting in free. The house is mostly C18th although a house has been on the site since the days of the War of the Roses. The land and house was passed down through the family until 1976 when it was handed to the National Trust. The family hardly ever threw anything out and they were great collectors so lots to see. The house is dressed in Edwardian style which I particularly like. Nice gardens including a packed rose garden AND much parkland including the most tame deer I've ever seen.

Today was cold and windy. I had to wrap up in three layers and employ my trusty wool hat. Stockton Heath has moorings handy to the shops and has three supermarkets plus banks and some unusual shops. I walked up to the Manchester Ship Canal to see how big it was here. There are still no ships on it. Might have to go to Liverpool to see any. Soon I'll be heading South and won't have the opportunity to see the MSC again.

No comments: